Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Next Destination


Well tonight is our last night in Itacare, and I´m spending it having a war with this stupid computer trying to upload photes. I am too lazy to put any on this, but if there is someone reading this than odds are you´ve got me on facebook. So you can check them out there.
I guess I´ll list the past few days events in order:
Yesterday I felt oddly motivated and got up at 6:15 to go for a run. The sun was already up and hot, so that mixed with the deadly hills on the one runnable made for a dehydrating heart pounding run. Maddy and I then walked to a nearby beach for a swim. I am getting the hang of body surfing, it´s possible to ride the powerful waves all the way to the sand without even needing a board of any kind. We then went back and I tested out the hammock for a couple hours while Maddy... well I actually don´t know what she did. Then last night we had some drinks at the bar and what not, nothing special.
Then today we had booked ourselves a 5 hour canoe trip up the river to a waterfall. It was amazing. Our guide, Goargia, didn´t speak a word of english and we told him we didn´t speak much Portuagese. But that certainly didn´t stop him from explaining everything rapidly... It made me very confused. Anywho, after about an hour of paddling (all Goargia just to be clear) up the main river we headed into a nerrow opening in the mangrove swamp lining the river. It was teaming with funny little crabs. Goargia explained (I failed to interprate) that they were very popular in the restaurants in Itacare. We came to a little trail where we ditched the canoe and walked for a few mintes until we came upon a... either a large stream or a small river... and eventually to the waterfall. At its base was a swimming whole where the three of us swam, as you do. Goargia then commenced to climb straight up the middle of the slippery rocky waterfall and he beckoned for us to follow. Maddy smartly refused amd took pictures along the trail that lead safely to the other swimming hole at the top. But of coarse I climbed, it was a bit sketchy but I´m still in one peice. On the way back to Itacare we stopped at a riverside restaurant for diner. It was beautiful and delicious. And nothing interesting has really happened since then.
Until next time, Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment